We promote deep personal experiences when encountering works of art, by proposing a process of openness and understanding that involves the viewer and disrupts the hegemony of artistic (re)presentation.
Otoco’s goal is to present art as a tool for awakening and personal growth.
Addressing art through our affect allows us to reconnect with our sensitivity, to detect our emotions and gain a better knowledge of ourselves and what surrounds us. This way of appreciating works of art also favours going beyond preconceptions and giving way to more authenticity and empathy.
Based on a holistic process, Otoco's approach encourages the spectators’ sensorial and personal appreciation of art by:
· Bringing together a diverse network of people to share their point of view on works, and collections of artists carrying a message.
· Connecting these works and the spectators by renting them to various semi-public spaces.
· Inducing questioning, dialogue, discussion through the organization of events and the publication of content on physical and digital media.
· Otoco accompanies emerging artists in developing their portfolio and defining their statement.
· We offer hotels, restaurants, offices or universities the possibility to rent a selection of works of art reflecting their state of mind and promoting their values to their customers.
· Confront various points of views by giving a voice to multiple interlocutors.
· We organize unconventional events instead of traditional openings, talks, tours, workshops...
· Publish content: directory of artists, develop a toolkit for early career artists, create reflective leaflets, articles and editions…